Terre Haute Chevrolet, a division of United Companies, is currently seeking a full-time Service Technician for its Fixed Operations team. This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of vehicles in accordance with dealership and manufacturer standards. Service work is performed in a state of the art facility that’s comfortable and well-lit.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Perform work outlined on the customer’s repair order with speed and thoroughness, to assure it’s handled correctly the FIRST TIME.
- Properly, thoroughly, and accurately document each customer’s complaint and the repairs made to correct the problem(s).
- Receive repair and maintenance orders.
- Discuss any special conditions or problems with management and/or customers as directed.
- Perform work within manufacturer, departmental, and company standards.
- Ensure notification and approval from management of any additional time or assistance needed to complete work.
- Check vehicles for any additional work needed.
- Research time from flat rate manuals.
- Obtain pricing on parts needed.
- Advise management of additional services so that the customer can be notified.
- Perform any additional repairs after authorization obtained.
- Return and tag all warranty-failed parts to the Parts department and all parts with core charges.
- Keep work area in a professional state of safety, cleanliness, and company standards.
- Wear approved uniforms in good repair for a professional appearance.
- Personally commit to quality and superior customer service in all aspects of work: Provides “World Class Customer Service” for internal and external customers. Participates in and promotes the established Quality Improvement Process (QIP) for continuous improvement. Participates on teams to research, measure and correct problems and to strive for process improvement. Communicates and exemplifies the Company’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Values, and Philosophy. Attends at least ten (10) hours of Training annually to continue the development of work-related skills.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned at management discretion.
Education, Experience, Skills, & Requirements:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is minimally required.
- Experience: Prior General Motors mechanic or service technician experience is preferred, but not required. ASE certification is preferred (or be able to obtain it within the first year of employment).
- Skills & Abilities: Aptitude for vehicle maintenance. Strong work ethic. Works well with others in a team-based environment. Strong customer service and communications skills. Customer service orientation.
- Other Requirements: A neat, clean, and professional appearance. Unrestricted driver’s license with a clean driving record. Must be able to drive both automatic and standard transmission vehicles. Must be at least age 18. Frequent lifting (up to 70 lbs), stooping, bending, twisting, and standing on hard services for most of the work day are generally expected. Reasonable accommodations may be available if necessary.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
For consideration, please send your resume and pay requirements to: email@example.com.