The Facilities Manager will be responsible to ensure optimum building maintenance, environmental and safety regulation compliance, grounds maintenance, and overall facility image standards throughout all company properties. The Facilities Manager will manage day to day maintenance needs and will serve as a key communication link with the Director of General Services, VP of Administration and each business unit’s management team on the status of maintenance and other facilities related issues. The Facilities Manager will manage the in-house maintenance technicians, and outsourced service providers, including janitorial services.
PREREQUISITE EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES &/OR COMPETENCIES:
- Must have a high level of professionalism, honesty, integrity and an excellent work ethic.
- Demonstrated leadership in implementing change, fostering a high level of teamwork and customer service.
- Familiarity with pertinent local, state and federal regulations and building codes, including life safety codes, OSHA and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Diverse knowledge of many trade areas including: mechanical, electrical, fire alarm, sprinkler, elevator, plumbing, pipe fitting, HVAC and controls technology.
- Supervisory experience; ability to manage staff and outside vendors to maximize productivity.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately, both verbally and in writing, with individuals of diverse backgrounds and the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to listen and consider the views of others. • Analytical and organized; ability to systematically analyze and troubleshoot problems and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to address and make decisions while adhering to policies.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license. • Must be able to work other than normal working hours and be willing to respond to emergencies and service calls which occur outside of normal working hours.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks concurrently, attend to details and meet deadlines.
- 5+ year’s experience in building maintenance management, preferably in a large multi-building setting.
- Ability to read blueprints, general operational manuals and safety documents.
- Must be computer literate in word and excel software. A working knowledge of CAD is a plus.