PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Credit Analyst is a non-supervisory, individual contributor role responsible for reviewing and analyzing financial data submitted by customers, brokers, vendors, and other referral sources to determine their creditworthiness. Prepares financial covenant language for lease/loan documentation and commitment letters. Prepares a risk rating on all applicants requiring a credit review to properly assess the credit strength of applicants. Assists in reporting as may be needed to monitor the portfolio in adherence to the requirements of our syndicated bank group.
- Process Credit Requests
- $200,000 – $500,000 – perform a Credit Review and Narrative with recommendations within two (2) business days after receiving all credit underwriting information.
- $500,000 and over – perform a Credit Review and Narrative and give recommendation within three (3) business days, or as required, after receiving all credit underwriting information.
- Credit Review Analysis should include, but is not limited to:
- Asset Evaluation – historic values, essential use to customer’s core business as obtained from Asset Manager to be included in write-up.
- Verification of liquidity of personal guarantors along with breakdown of total net worth and contingent liabilities.
- Financial Ratios including Tangible Net Worth, Debt Service Coverage, Net Income, Debt to Equity, Depreciation, and others as may be requested or necessary.
- PayNet and Credit Bureau reports should be run to evaluate commercial installment repayment strength along with guarantor personal credit histories.
- Narratives providing relationship with the customer, repayment and financial covenants, if existing, along with industry analysis, if available.
- Annual Credit Reviews
- Perform a Credit Review on those significant exposure customers with whom we have an ongoing flow of business.
- Summarize and review with Director of Credit and/or Chief Operating Officer/Vice President.
- Internal Risk Rating
- Risk rate all transactions in excess of $200,000.
- Risk rate the portfolio, as assigned, so that at least 75% of our customers are rated at any time.
- Policy and Procedures Review and Improvement
- Participate in the at least annual review of all Policy and Procedures in the Credit Section of our intranet.
- Evaluate forms and policies for any recommended changes.
- Perform other duties as may be requested by management.
- Travel as business needs require, currently expected to be minimal for conferences, customer visits, etc.
Corporate Account Executive Training (~10%)
- Assist the Director of Business Development on the Sales team with the development and presentation of credit training sessions for the Corporate Account Executives (CAE’s)
- Quality & Continuous Improvement (~10%)
- Personally commit to quality in all aspects of work.
- Provide “World Class Customer service” for internal and external customers.
- Participate in and promote the established Quality Improvement Process (QIP) for continuous improvement.
- Participate on teams to research, measure and correct problems and to strive for process improvement.
- Communicate and exemplify the Company’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Values, and Philosophy.
- Attend at least ten (10) hours of training annually to continue development of work-related skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance or a similar field is minimally required.
- 5+ years of banking, financial analysis, leasing/lending experience OR audit and tax experience at a Public Accounting Firm OR a combination thereof.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
- Strong working knowledge of economic indicators, financial markets, hedging concepts, interest rates, and lease/loan structures and contracts.
- Ability to interpret all types of business financial statements, including Reviewed and Audited Financial Statements and Notes to Financial Statements.
- Familiarity with individual, corporate, and partnership federal income tax returns.
- Demonstrates an analytical skill set, including performing financial calculations, multitasking, quantifying, spreadsheets, data manipulation, data mining, and researching – accurately and within tight time frames.
- Ability to flexibly multitask amongst various projects and competing priorities.
- Strong working knowledge of computers, office equipment, and software, including Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word) and databases.
- Excellent communications skills in verbal, written, and presentation forms.
- Ability to professionally interact and communicate effectively with customers and with senior management.
- Prior experience working with Sales personnel while in a Credit role is preferred.
- Internal and external customer responsiveness, including after normal business hours.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.